It’s not just your favorite rapper, it’s your entire fanbase.
We all know the feeling: We have to get on Twitter and see what the next hot thing is.
That’s why I decided to write a series of articles to help you navigate this new world of fanboys.
Today’s article is dedicated to Kanye West.
For those of you who are not familiar with him, he’s a rapper who’s been around since 1999, but is currently one of the biggest stars in the game.
His music is undeniably epic and the way he’s doing it has made him one of Hip Hop’s most successful and controversial artists.
As of right now, Kanye West is a star in the making.
So how does he do it?
I asked the world’s most famous rapper to explain how he approaches his job, what makes him tick, and his personal style.
Kanye West on Kanye West: “I’m always trying to be authentic to myself and what I’m trying to achieve in life.”
– Kanye West “I want to inspire people.
Thats why I want to make music.
And the music I make is about empowering people and giving them the opportunity to make their own decisions in life and be their own people.”
– KANYE WEST “I don’t care if you like me or not.
That does not change what I am or who I am.”
– JAY-Z “I try to stay true to my soul, my heart, my mind and my values and the people that I am and that is what I try to embody in my music.”
– Jay-Z (AP) KANYER WEST: “You never know what people will want.
I think the only thing I’m not trying to do is force people to do anything they want.
Because I feel like, if you want to see something you have to try to find it yourself.
You can’t force people.
And that is why I’m very humble and I feel very thankful for the opportunities that I have to be able to do what I love and be successful and have a lot of fun and do what it is that I love to do.”
– RAY BASH: “People have a misconception about me because I don’t have a fan base.
They think that I do everything myself and that I’m some celebrity.
I don, but I do.
I try not to be.”
– Rae Sremmurd (AP Images) “When I’m on tour, I’m going to make sure I’m taking the right things with me, and I try my best to make myself accessible to people.
When I’m home, I have my headphones on and my phone out.
I’m in my own space, but there are people around me who are also out there and are taking care of their people.”
“I feel like when you have people that love you, and when they see your art and they love you they want to give you the best show they can.”
– SREMMURD “I know I am a unique artist.
But I think I have the most unique voice in hip-hop right now because of the fact that I can be on the mic and I can rap.
I have a personality.
People can see that.
I can also make a statement.”
– DJ DIPLO “When you have an artist that is doing something unique and different and has a message that resonates with people, it becomes more special.”
– M.O.P. “When it comes to my work, I think Kanye West has the most authentic soul.”
– DAVE DAVIS “I think I can do whatever I want.
You know, you can do everything you want and I will continue to do my job and I’ll do my work and I won’t give a fuck.”
– BRANDON PATTERSON “I always try to do everything I can to help my community, to get as many people as I can, and give as much to my community as I possibly can.
I just want to try and give back to people and do my best and I’m sure I will.”
O YUNG: “For me, I try and do everything in my power to represent my community and help people.”
– MELISSA BURROWS: “It’s a very collaborative environment, it takes a lot from everybody and the same principles.”
– DAVID GRAY: “A lot of people say that my work is not my own but it’s very much my music and my story.
I always try and represent my audience and my people, but also I try the best to represent the music and the artist that I like.”
– GARY HARRIS: “My main thing is that my music speaks to people, that my songs speak to people in a very authentic way.”
– MIKE COOK: “If you go into any room and you see me, you’re not going to know that I live in Chicago.